PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: market research
Privacy notice: market research
This statement aims to inform you understandably and concisely how we process your personal data.
- Data controller:
LFB BIOMEDICAMENTS (3, avenue des Tropiques, BP 40 305, 91958 Courtabœuf cedex, France) acts as a data controller as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Purpose of the processing:
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offer you to participate in a market research
- Collect and analyse your data for a research report
- If necessary, the management of adverse event report (pharmacovigilance) that you would communicate during the market research.
Please note that if you receive remuneration or compensation in connection with the market research, your data may be processed in order to comply with the applicable regulations. This processing would be carried out directly by the market research organization, which would then act as a data controller.
- Legal basis:
We can only process your personal data if it is lawful. Processing is only lawful insofar as it based on one of the legal bases mentioned in the applicable law (GDPR).
The processing of your personal data is based on the following legal bases:
- Offer you to participate in a market research :
- If you are a healthcare professional: we base on our legitimate interest (particularly in terms of sales and marketing development). The legitimate interests that we pursue are balanced against your interests, fundamental freedoms and rights that require protection of personal data. Please note that in certain cases (in particular if you are located in a country other than France), your consent may be requested.
- If you are not a healthcare professional: we base on your consent.
- Collect and analyse your data for a research report:
- If you are a healthcare professional: we base on our legitimate interest (knowledge increase, development of news drugs)
- If you are not a healthcare professional: we base on your consent.
- Management of adverse event report (pharmacovigilance): for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (article R5121-150 et seq. from French code of public health).
When appropriate, in the context of certain market research, we may process heath data. The processing of your health data is based on the following legal basis: your consent.
Please note that if you have given your consent, you can withdraw it at any time under the conditions provided in the paragraph “contact and reclamation”.
- Source of the personal data :
Personal data come directly from you.
- Obligation to provide your personal data:
Only the data specified as “mandatory” must be provided. Otherwise, you cannot participate to the market research.
- Data subject:
This processing of personal data concerns the following data subject: patients, heath care professionals and other categories of persons participating in the market research.
- Recipients of personal data:
Depending upon their respective needs, recipients of all or part of the personal data are the following recipients:
- The LFB Group parent company and its subsidiaries
- Our service providers acting as a data processor on our behalf (within the limit necessary for the performance of the work we have entrusted to them).
In the event that personal data is entrusted to a data processor, an agreement will be concluded in order to ensure and guarantee that personal data is processed in accordance with our instructions and that adequate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect it. In particular for market research, market research organization has access to your personal data. The data controller will only have access to aggregated data.
- Public authorities, government bodies, etc.
- Data transfers outside the European union:
Depending on the market research concerned, your data may be transferred outside the European Union. In that case, we will ensure that these transfers are legally regulated (in particular through the conclusion of standard contractual clauses established by the European Commission). For more information, please send any request in priority to the market research company you were in contact with during the market research.
You can also have to possibility to contact the LFB Group Entity’s Data Protection Officer (contact details below).
- Period for which the personal data will be stored:
Data collected for the market study purpose is stored up to 5 years after the end of the research by the Supplier.
- Proof of consent of data subject is stored by the Supplier during 6 years from consent
- Data related to Pharmacovigilance is stored by the data controller (pharmacovigilance department), for a legal or regulatory duration.
Once the retention period has been reached, personal data is, depending on the case, destroyed or anonymized. In the latter case, this means that it will be impossible to identify you from this data.
We put in place technical and organizational measures allowing the protection of your personal data. We take reasonable steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or destruction of your data.
- Your rights:
Within the conditions and limits of the applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you can access the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you can ask us to correct data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): you have the possibility under certain conditions to obtain the erasure of the personal data that we hold about you. However, we have the possibility of not responding favorably to your request, in particular in the event that we need your personal data to meet a legal obligation.
- Right to restriction of processing, in particular in the event that you dispute the accuracy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to object: you can object, for reasons relating to your particular situation and under certain conditions, to the processing of data concerning you.
- Right to portability: you can receive the personal data that we hold about you in a readable format so that we can store or transmit it.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling.
Under certain circumstances, we will not be able to respond to your request if you want to exercise your rights. In such a case, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
- Contact and reclamation:
To exercise the above rights or for any questions in connection with personal data, please send any request in priority to the market research company you were in contact with during the market research.
You can also have to possibility to contact the LFB Group Entity’s Data Protection Officer, in priority by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address: LFB BIOMEDICAMENTS, Data Protection Officer, Legal Affairs and Compliance Department, 3 avenue des tropiques, BP 40 305, 91958 Courtabœuf cedex, France.
Please not that in this case, LFB BIOMEDIAMENTS will then be aware of your identity.
If you consider, after contacting us at the contact details above, that your rights are not respected or that data processing does not comply with data protection rules, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in particular in the Member State in which your habitual residence, place of work or the place where you consider that a breach of the regulations has been committed.
Version : 1st August 2022